Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Exam
Project management is one of the fastest growing professions. By 2020 around 1.57 million new jobs will be created each year and qualified practitioners would be in much demand. With this certificate on hand, you’ll be on the fast track to opportunity.
* The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) is a certificate provided by Project Management Institute (PMI).
* PMI is the world’s largest not-for-profit membership association for the project management profession.
* Regardless of your career stage, CAPM is definitely an asset that will distinguish you in the job market and enhance your credibility and effectiveness for working on with project teams.
* Individuals who contribute specialized skills to a project team can benefit from this PMI certification, by allowing them to align their work with that of project managers.
* Individuals who do not have project experience but are interested in project management can benefit from this CAPM certification as well.
* This knowledge can be applied to on-the-job experiences which help develop growing levels of competence in the practice of project management.
* Individuals who carry the CAPM designation after their name enjoy a high level of credibility.
How to obtain and maintain CAPM
* The certification exam has 150 multiple choice questions, and you have three hours to complete it.
* To maintain your CAPM, you must retake the exam every five years.
* Member: US$225.00
* Non-member: US$300.00
Eligibility Criteria for CAPM by PMI
* Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)
* 1,500 hours of project experience
* 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam
What to Focus for CAPM?
The CAPM exam tests you on your knowledge of the of the PMI framework, including the nine knowledge areas and five process groups. The process groups include initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing. The knowledge areas include:
1. Project Integration Management
2. Project Scope Management
3. Project Time Management
4. Project Cost Management
5. Project Quality Management
6. Project HR Management
7. Project Communication Management
8. Project Risk Management
9. Project Procurement Management
Materials to Prepare for the CAPM Exam
* Review the CAPM handbook .
* Test yourself with CAPM Sample Questions .
* Enroll in a formal study course offered by PMI chapters or Registered Education Providers (R.E.P.s). You can also review self-study books published by R.E.P.s and other reputable training organizations.
* One of the best comprehensive study guide for the CAPM exam is written by the company named Mometrix Test Preparation. CAPM Exam Secrets study guide by Mometrix is one of the best tools to help you be successful on the CAPM exam. This guide is written in easy-to-use everyday language. So all test takers can access the information.
Tips for success in the CAPM Exam
* Before you click “Start the Test”, write all formulas, expressions, draw a table with processes.
* Also try to write all difficult meanings that you found hard to remember during online mock tests.
* Read the questions but do not start look for the answer yet. Look away from the screen and answer that question. Write the answer if needed on provided piece of paper. Then start to look for the answer that matches your own. This really works on multiple choice questions and helps avoid dilemma between several “right looking” offered answers.
* You will have three hours to complete the CAPM exam, or slightly over 1 minute per question.