Certified Financial Planner Certification Examination
The Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation is a professional certification mark for financial planners conferred by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP Board) in the United States, and by 25 other organizations affiliated with Financial Planning Standards Board (FPSB), the international owner of the CFP mark outside of the United States.
To receive authorization to use the designation, the candidate must meet education, examination, experience and ethics requirements, and pay an ongoing certification fee
* The CFP Certification Examination is designed to assess your ability to integrate and apply a broad base of financial planning knowledge in the context of real life financial planning situations.
* By passing this exam, you demonstrate to the public you have attained a competency level necessary to practice independently as a financial planner.
* Most people think all financial planners are “certified,” but this isn’t true. Anyone can use the title “financial planner.” Only those who have fulfilled the certification and renewal requirements of CFP Board can display the CFP® certification trademarks which represent a high level of competency, ethics and professionalism
* If your financial life seems to be spinning out of control, you’re not alone.
* Today more than ever, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professionals are an essential resource.
* From budgeting, to planning for retirement, to saving for education, to managing your taxes and your insurance coverage, “finances” doesn’t mean just one thing for most Americans — and “financial planning” means much more than just investing. Bringing all the pieces of financial life together is a challenging task.
About CFP BOARD and NCCA ACCREDITATION
* Established in the USA in 1969, the CFP Certification Programme is viewed as a global benchmark of excellence in the field of financial advisory.
* Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) was founded in 1985 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that serves the public interest by promoting the value of professional, competent and ethical financial planning services, as represented by those who have attained CFP® certification.
* CFP Board sets and enforces the requirements for CFP certification, including:
* Individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements are authorized to use the CFP certification marks in the United States.
In April 1995, NCCA accredited CFP Board’s certification program, the first such accreditation for a non-health related certification in the U.S
Educational requirements for CFP Certification
* The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree (or higher), or its equivalent in any discipline, from an accredited college or university. A degree has been required since 2007.
* The bachelor’s degree requirement may be completed after passing the CFP exam (within five years) and is not a requirement to be eligible to take the CFP Board Certification Examination.
* As a first step to the present CFP certification criteria, students must master a curriculum of approximately 100 topics on financial planning.
* The topics cover major planning areas such as:
• General Principles of Finance and Financial Planning
• Insurance Planning
• Employee Benefits Planning
• Investment and Securities Planning
• State and Federal Income Tax Planning
• Estate Tax, Gift Tax, and Transfer Tax Planning
• Asset Protection Planning
• Retirement Planning
• Estate Planning
• Financial planning and consulting
Effective November 2014, the CFP Certification Examination is being converted from a paper-based test to a computer-based test, and the exam length will be cut to only 170 questions to be taken in a 6-hour testing period (two 3-hour segments with a 30-minute break), a 40% reduction from the prior exam length and duration.
Upcoming Exam Dates: July 11-18, 2017
Education Verification Deadline: June 13, 2017
Early Bird Registration open through May 16, 2017.
Take advantage of Early Bird pricing to ensure a better selection of testing dates and locations. Late registration is available at additional cost from June 14–27, 2017
* CFP professionals complete several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients prior to earning the right to use the CFP certification trademarks.
* This hands-on experience guarantees that CFP professionals have practical financial planning knowledge, so you can count on them to help you create a realistic financial plan that fits your individual needs
Materials to Prepare for the CFP Exam
* The CFP Exam is extremely challenging and thorough test preparation is essential for success.
* A number of study guides and flash cards are available in the market.
* CFP Exam Secrets Study Guide by Mometrix is the ideal prep solution for anyone who wants to pass the CFP Exam.
Not only does it provide a comprehensive guide to the CFP Exam as a whole, it also provides practice test questions as well as detailed explanations of each answer.
CFP Exam Secrets Study Guide includes:
• A detailed overview of the Certified Financial Planner Exam
• An analysis of general principles of financial planning
• An examination of insurance planning and risk management
• A guide to employee benefits planning
• An extensive review of investment planning
• A breakdown of income tax planning
• An in-depth look at retirement planning
• A thorough review of estate planning
• Comprehensive practice questions with detailed answer explanations
* It’s filled with the critical information you’ll need in order to do well on the test the concepts, procedures, principles, and vocabulary that the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) expects you to have mastered before sitting for the exam.
These sections are full of specific and detailed information that will be key to passing the CFP Exam.
* Concepts and principles aren’t simply named or described in passing, but are explained in detail. The guide is laid out in a logical and organized fashion so that one section naturally flows from the one preceding it.
* Because it’s written with an eye for both technical accuracy and accessibility, you will not have to worry about getting lost in dense academic language.
* Any test prep guide is only as good as its practice questions and answers, and that’s another area where this guide stands out
* Each answer is explained in depth, in order to make the principles and reasoning behind it crystal clear.
Their guides have helped thousands of people pass standardized tests and achieve their education and career goals.
* CFP Exam Secrets Study Guide by Mometrix is no exception.